Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Ebiking fiends!

    October 19, 2018 in Austria ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Up after another great sleep. Still puzzled why the church clock bells keep awakening us just before 7 am every day?? Funny. Another amazing breakfast, had the porridge which natch was awesome!

    Decided to grab 2 ebikes and headed out over the Middle road to Inneralpbach. Lovely lady along the way, piling one of those tidy even piles of wood said ”Yah, that’s the route (dirt path) and there will be a “mountain” “- oh yes, a mountain dirt path complete with cow pies 😝, pushed those bikes up very steep last part but then back on tarmac for a great ride into Inneralpbach. Looking for a Kaffe shop!! No such luck but saw lots of ski lifts connecting all these villages. Headed up the other side of the valley thinking we could cut across to main road to Alpbach but nope so back down and tried another route but that would have led us to the top of the gondola from yesterday! These bikes make us seem invincible in where we ride but that was too much lol. Back down to main road and took the cutoff back to our village.

    With bikes returned we popped into a wee cafe below our hotel and had a phenomenal pizza and beer as our reward sitting outside. Wonderful time on the ebike machines! The scenery as delightful as can be.

    A bit of a time in our lovely room before a swim and infra red then a massage. Massage was very relaxing but one of the weakest I’ve ever had!! No tip!

    Yesterday another incredible 5 course meal - too much though so we skipped the soup!
    Read more