Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    I actually GOLFED!!

    February 12, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Up to an empty house LOL! Rita and Ken had skipped over to the golf course we were to play on to have breakfast (included in the golf game) and to check on the golf timing as there was a delay due to Frost!!

    Had a nice relaxing tea/coffee by the pool until their return then made our way to the golf course - pretty nervous about this whole thing! Been likely 20 years since I’ve golfed. Buffet lunch all in LOL!

    Lousy first hole and I thought - OMG! it’s going to be a long way around 18 holes. I was delighted however that my arms were strong and felt good! Even hitting Rita’s driver and often got it down the fairway a little bit! Rita playing well as was Ken! Rich began adjusting to his limitations with his shoulder issue and around we went - 4 1/2 hours and the chilly evening settled in and we completed! New shoes and clothes were perfect. Thinking I may have to do more of this golfing thing heh LOL.

    Back for showers and freshening up.

    Headed over to Saguaro hotel for a delicious margarita and nachos. Happy hour is THE big thing in this town - everyone is out and about! Checked out Woody’s - packed and reservations made for next day. Back for nibblers and a round of Trains - Ken won.
    Read more