Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Krippen

    June 10, 2016 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Hrensko to Pravcicka Brána

    Caught the train to Schona then the ferry across Elbe R to Hrensko (Czech Republic).
    We walked through the the town to get to the walk up (5km) to reach the Pravcicka Brána , natural arch of sandstone. A wonderful piece of nature with tables and chairs set up beneath it!!! With a cafe. A shame the pics show this . Many interesting lookouts to view Czechoslav republic, wonderful sandstone cliffs .It was a real climb, hot work so a beer cooled us down and the air temp was cool enough for me to need S's jumper. We then walked on through forests stopping now and then for photos until we reached Mezni Louka where we street walked on along a country road for a few kms until we got to Mezna. We then descended to the river, this was a knee ordeal(Edmundsklann). We thought we would be able to walk by he river all the way to Hensko. Ha! The walk description talked about taking a nice boat trip as an optional activity to the day. We were faced with choice of walking back umpteen kms or take the boat trip. The boat was a large plastic green punt driven by a pole. It was all very pleasant even though we had to wait. A beautiful gorge but not quite Australian standard ( dad thinks it was similar to Mt Wilson ).The driver made comments along the river, in German and Czeck, a pity for us .He played the harmonica which was a nice touch here and there. Lovely blue dragonflys were on the water and some pretty ducks ( purple necked- royal blue). At one place there was a carved statue , dragon, Saint but the funniest part was when we had seen a cable running up to the othe side high up.- the punt driver pulled on this as we passed and immediately a waterfall fell. We completed the trip in 20 mins and we were at Hrensko again. Waited for the ferry to cross the river Elbe so we could wait for the train back to Krippen. We spent a lot for ferry, boat and the arch. - about 21 € extra for the walk!!

    Walked to the small rockery store for yummies for later tonight. I forgot to turn my phone on so we don't know how far we walked! Route description said 15 km but we know we did more.
    Tomorrow is last day walking.
    Read more