Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Bologna Day 2

    March 28, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 5 °C

    Today, we had to wake up early because we were meeting a tour guide and professional chef to show us around Bologna and help us make homemade bolognese! We met at the Fountain of Neptune, walked around and rode a bus to get to the chef’s workshop, to start cooking! First, we made the meat sauce, then we started making the dough! We started off by taking some flour, and making a hole in the middle of it. Then, we cracked two eggs into the hole. Then, mix up the eggs and start mixing the flour in with the eggs, slowly. Next, start kneeling with your hands until it is not sticky and a light brown. Then, start rolling it out with a rolling pin, so you can cut it into pasta! We made two batches of dough, one for pasta, the other for Tortellini, which is like ravioli, but shaped differently. After we made the pasta, we put it all together and had an amazing lunch. The whole thing took about 4 hours, but it was worth it! After lunch, we found a gelato place and got gelato, then headed home. It was a long day. We rested for a little while, then Mom and Dad went for a walk. After they got back, we made dinner, ramen noddles, which was really good! After dinner, we watched the last episode of Outer Banks, and went to bed.

    Tortellini vs Tortelloni: Tortellini are typically ricotta stuffed, larger ring shaped and served in a ragu, cream or butter sauce. Tortelloni are shaped the same, but much smaller and stuffed with some type of meat. They are typically served in Brodo. Which is a light broth.
    Read more