Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Bologna Day 1

    March 27, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    Woke up this morning and climbed the 498 steps to the top of the Asinelli Tower Located in Piazza di Porta Ravegnana. The stairs were very narrow, almost straight up, our feet didn’t fit on some of the stairs and we had to turn around. It was very windy and beautiful once we got to the top. You could see a 360° of the city and outside to the countryside. After we got down from there, we wandered around the streets and looked at all the amazing charcuterie and cheese. Andrew and I split a porkeccta sandwich. Andrew finally got to ride on electric bike around the neighborhood for a little bit while Renee had a fried grilled cheese and ham sandwich. Veronica and the kids ended up going back towards the house and doing some more shopping while I wandered around the streets for a few more hours. I had an amazing lunch by myself of burrata and mortadella. I made it back to the house and started cooking rice and gravy for dinner. It really hit the spot. I needed some down home cooking. We took a walk in a local park which was very over grown and run down. There is graffiti all over the city. It doesn’t appear that anyone is attempting to clean it up. Dinner was amazing and well deserved. You can take the Coon ass out of the country but he will always figure a way to to make rice and gravy.
    Ciao - A Presto - Gabe
    Read more