Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Modena Day 1

    March 31, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Today we woke up early because we had a train to catch at 7:37am. It was about a 20 min ride and it was very smooth. Then, we arrived in Parma. We went to a hotel because that is where we met the driver and our tour guide. We drove about 20 min to the parmesan cheese factory. We met with other people and we had to put on hairnets. The tour guides also gave us something that looked like mini walkie-talkies, along with uncomfortable headphones Next, we went to the cow shed, where they make milk for the cheese. It smelled disgusting. Then, we went inside, where the actually made the cheese. They mixed it around in a big bowl, and then we got to try some. It was gross, but it was unsalted. Then, we went to a room with cheese in the water. It was weird. Next, we went to aging room, when thousands of cheese was in there, dating back to 2015! We had some cheese, then we drove to the meat factory. It was on a valley, so we got some pretty pictures. Before we entered the factory, we had to put our hairnets, walkie-talkie things, and a green vest. It was much bigger than the cheese factory, with pigs legs hanging everywhere. After all the factory’s, we went back on the train, which was about 25 min, we picked up the laundry and had lunch. Then, we went out to walk around and had dinner (late lunch). After dinner, dad had calls, so the rest of us relaxed and went to bed.
    Ciao, Renee
    Read more