Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Travel Day to Ravello

    April 25, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Today we are leaving Sorrento. We are going to make a few stops along the way to our final destination, the town of Ravello on the Amalfi Coast.
    The Amalfi coast is considered to be from the town of Positano to the town of Vietri sul Mare. Sorrento is around the peninsula from Positano. There is a town called Amalfi. It’s the main historical center of the coast.
    Our first stop is a small town, Massa Lubrense, made famous by Stanley Tucci’s show. The restaurant is called Lo Scoglio. It’s right on the water. The dish Stanley ate and loved is Spaghetti Alla Nerano. Nerano is the town where the pasta dish was created. The dish is very simple. The spaghetti are covered in a very light creamy sauce made from provolone and pasta water. It has fried zucchini slices on the top. It was amazing!!! After lunch we headed to Positano. The road along the coast is extremely windy. The kids thankfully fell asleep so barfy didn’t make another appearance. It’s Tuesday, April 25 and its Italian Independence Day. So Positano was crowded! We drove through the town and drove out. Well we inched our way in bumper to bumper traffic. We passed by Amalfi and there wasn’t anyone there. Why did all the Italians decided to go to Positano ? We made it to our hotel in Rovello and got settled into our room. We went to explore the town a little before the sun sets. I decided to go and sit by the pool and work on some emails. It’s still quite chilly here. We were sure hoping for some sun and pool time. Gabe has a local place chosen for dinner. It was run by a total Nani! She took the orders and bring kids chocolate candies. She was funny. Andrew and I both got soup. Renee wanted the hamburger but it came out without a bun. She still ate it. Like a hamburger steak. The food is different here. So far…I’m not impressed. There is always tomorrow….Ciao.
    *more photos to come…
    Read more