Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 66

    Travel Day 4 back to Como

    May 18, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    We began our day with urgent phone calls to American Airlines and American Express. Gabe requested an upgraded seat on the flight home and when he did that it changed all of our seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So hopefully that gets sorted out. Have I mentioned I really want to come home ?
    After breakfast we walked over to the Arena. The line was so long. So we just took a look from the outside. We will have to rain check a tour of that later. It’s really cool. Looks like a mini colosseum in Rome. It’s still used all the time today for concerts and shows. A movie is actually being filmed there right now. Then we walked over to the Castleveccio. Its a medieval castle surrounded by what was a moat. It sits on the water canal and is connected to a bridge. The bridge is called Ponte Scaligero. We walked over the bridge and walked along the canal. The water is flowing really fast.
    Verona is a beautiful city. It’s not to big, walkable, has really nice stores and numerous churches and historical things to see. It defiantly deserves another visit.
    We are not able to stay at this hotel another night because its sold out. There was supposed to be a Formula 1 race in Bologna on Sunday. But the rain has been causing some very serious flooding to that area and they cancelled the race. We have experienced the rain but have not seen any of the flooding. After we packed up the car we grabbed a poke bowl for lunch. Renee got a chicken sandwich from the Amsterdam Chippys place. We actually didn’t see any of those in Amsterdam. We stopped at the Basilica Santa Anastasia before we headed out of town. We drove our final 2 hours and arrived in Como around 5pm. We have a really great apartment near the Duomo. Renee and I went to the store to get a few things for dinner. Gabe has calls tonight so we are staying in.
    *more photos to come
    Read more