Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Vancouver Sightseeing

    August 31, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Dare I say it, I think we all had a little jet lag, because waking up at 3am ready and raring to go is so wrong.
    We did make it to breakfast on time, buffet was yummy even the bacon was good. Cooked to perfection mum says. After breakfast we wandered across the road to see the Catholic Church, it was all locked up tight which is a shame but we did get to see the bells 🔔.
    First day of sightseeing and we’re on the bus heading north over the Lions Gate Bridge. First stop, Salmon Hatchery. Our tour guide Ed is very knowledgeable and can answer all the questions.
    Did you know that Salmon head back to their place of birth after 4 years, the females lay the eggs then die. But not before they’ve had to swim upstream, against the current.

    Next stop is the CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE. Not for the faint hearted and if your afraid of heights.... well I suggest you stay in the gift shop. It was very beautiful, fresh air, lots of trees and crystal clear water. Just lovely.

    GROUSE MOUNTAIN is our next stop, quick gondola ride to the top of the mountain, stunning views. The sun came out in time for us to watch the lumberjack show. Very cool. Followed by seeing two grizzly bears. Too far away for a picture but you could see the size of them - wow.

    Back to the hotel for a quick rest then a meet and greet with our tour guide for the rest of the trip.

    It’s Labour Day long weekend here in Vancouver so it’s busy, plus they have a festival on - we just may head down to have a look around.
    TaiwanFest.... could be interesting but noisey at the very least.
    Read more