Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    North to Akaska

    September 13, 2019 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 12 °C

    The internet is very hit and miss so we can only cross our fingers that the posts update properly.

    It’s very quiet onboard, I’m told there’s only 1,300 people aboard, capacity for the ship is 1,432. It’s a small cruise ship compared to the others.

    We’re due to dock in Juneau early this afternoon. We’ll take a wander around then we’re booked in for the Salmon Bake @ 5pm. All you can eat Salmon, Lachlan’s very excited.

    But before all the lovely Salmon we listen to the cruise director talk about Skagway History - Dreamers, Schemers & Stampeders. Facinating history this little state has. I love they way they refer to the other US states as “the lower 48”.

    We’ve had a light lunch and decide to disembark the Ship....WOW, it’s raining bears & moose’s- we wait 20 minutes and it’s clear enough to venture out. Mums all dressed up like red riding hood.
    It’s worse than Melbourne - almost terrestrial rain then it stops for 5 minutes then down it comes again with gusty winds too boot.....
    We do a little souvenir shopping then decide this is crazy & head back to the ship.
    Read more