Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Edinburgh

    July 9, 2017 in Scotland ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Our 4 1/2 hour train trip was uneventful although we had Mr Booming Voice in front of us. Loud but happy with the world after his night out at the U2 concert last night.
    Phil had to turn his volume up on his free movies to hear them.
    We arrived just after 3pm and we love it here! The buildings are magnificient, so full of character.
    Shame about the weather. We have gone from heatwave 27-30C in London to 15C with a cool breeze to drizzle and then rain in Edinburgh. Needed to unpack to drag out the jackets and umbrellas before we ventured anywhere.
    We then took a late afternoon walk in the local area and picked up breakfast supplies on the way back, which means my man gets to cook for the next few mornings.
    While out we saw an ad for a 18+ History of Edinburgh walking tour which we went back and joined at 6.30pm. It was just an hour of chuckles and information on the local history covering topics your not likely to hear anywhere else and a fair amount of swearing which you are warned about at the start. It did fit the situation. Best described as entertaining, enlightening and inappropriate! It even included a detailed history of the Merkin!
    We then headed to a local pub for dinner and were just like 'locals' ordering fish n chips and shepherds pie!
    Read more