Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Paris Nu.1

    August 1, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    We got to Paris and I felt immediately more comfortable because the heat wasn’t as harsh. Our first day in Paris we decided to go to the Arc de Triumph. As we walked to the Arc de Triumph we walked into a supermarket ( and it seems that all supermarkets in Paris are two story) and got some lunch. We also stumbled across a museum of French history with World War Two and Napoleon. It also had Napoleon’s tomb attached to it. We learned all about the concentration camps and Napoleon himself. His tomb was massive( for such a small guy) it felt like we were in the set of lord of the rings. We then walked the rest of the way to the Arc de Triumph, it was quite massive and the streets around it were full of performers and people, and a-lot of people taking Instagram photos. The culture seems very different too, like everyone seems to dress very well and for some reason there are a lot of vans, but I don’t think that’s culture. The Architecture around Paris is so cool because they have old things that look really old and are nice to look at and their modern things look old because of the style,if that makes sense.

    On our third day we went to the Eiffel Tower and the catacombs. We walked to the Eiffel Tower, and found that there were a lot of “influencers” and people standing in the middle of the road to take photos and of course, Dad being Dad decided to join them. We walked to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower, but we couldn’t go to the top because it was closed due to the wind. You could see all of Paris laid out in front of you, and the walk up was definitely worth it. After the Eiffel Tower we walked to the catacombs which is a room full of people’s bones super far underground. Under there it was cold, eerie, and a-bit Scooby dooish. All the walls were lined with bones and dirt which made you feel a-bit sick. We also learned that the orphans of France were trained to dig up dead people( because there wasn’t enough space in the graveyard) and bring them underground by candlelight and line the walls with there bones. To some up the day they both had extremely different vibes and for one we went to the highest point in Paris and the lowest.
    Read more