Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Paris Nu.2

    August 4, 2023 in France ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    On our 4th day we had a big down day. We walked down a street to Luxembourg Palace which was owned by a queen who was widowed. We also went to the Pantheon, which was pretty cool. On our way we saw a bunch of gardens with statues too, and for some reason Paris seems to have an obsession with naked statues.

    On our 5th day we went to Versailles Palace, which was owned by Marie Antoinette or as I call her ‘cake lady’, but most people know her from the quote “let them eat cake”. The Palace was massive and had a whole art gallery, mirror room, and a whole theatre. Each child got their own apartment with 6 rooms and the king had chairs around his bed so he could invite people to watch him fall asleep and wake up ( which was really weird and creepy.) We then took a double decker train back to our apartment and got a treat from the bakery. That day I also realised that many people is Paris smoke or vape, so it felt like every 3 minutes you saw people walking down the street looking like puff the magic dragon.

    On our 5th day we went to Notre Dame, it wasn’t to far of a walk either. It was a pretty relaxing day, we ate lunch out in front of the Luxembourg Palace which we went to two day before and watched the boats in a fountain( small ones not big ones ) and it was fun watching a particular one and hoping it didn’t sink. We got to Notre Dame and learned all about how much of it burnt down and why which was interesting. It was also cool seeing the construction going on too.

    The next day we went to an art gallery called Musee d,orsay where we got to see statues and art work from a long time ago. It was really good because we had already gone to the catacombs and Napoleons tomb and places like that, and a lot of the art work mentioned it so it was good having that information background going into it. There were also a lot of painting from Ancient Greece which was pretty gruesome and gross to look at.

    On our last day we had to go pick up the car to drive out of Paris. On our way Jemilla wanted to go to a Starbucks that was apparently really good. So we walked there having low expectations of what we were about to go to, but when we got there I was actually pretty impressed. It wasn’t some crappy looking Starbucks, it had mirrors everywhere and gold on the ceiling,and the milkshakes there were really good. (Jemilla shouted the drinks) then we walked to the car and Dad was getting confident and said he was going to drive around the Arc de triumph, but when he saw how much he had to pay if we damaged it, he changed his mind pretty quickly. We got home (alive) and went out for a hot chocolate to close off our time in Paris excited to explore more of the country side of France.
    Read more