Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Dargoire

    August 12, 2023 in France ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    We left Allouis and didn’t make any stops on our way to Dargoire except for our lunch. We got to this small town around 5:00 and we were greeted by an old lady who showed us around and how to work everything. Then we drove around the town looking at things and getting dinner from the supermarket.

    The next day we walked in the main part of the town with a small church and a bakery. It was pretty hot walk but worth it because we got to see the amazing scenery which I thought gave a Mexican vibe but no one agreed with me. It was good to see the difference between our country and their country because there were a few differences in architecture and there wasn’t a beach down the road. For the rest of the day we did the usual routine reading, writing and drawing. And then played 500 to finish off.

    It went exactly like that the next day, but the 4th day we did something. We went to Lyon. The second biggest city in France next to ParisWe went through all the nice streets and went into a couple of churches. In one of them we saw a old astrological clock. We got a ice cream a saw a big old Roman amphitheatre, which we think was a couple of centuries old. It was cool to see the difference between Paris and Lyon, Lyon seemed to be a-bit more modern, and I noticed the rivers in Lyon seemed much cleaner.

    On our 5th day we wanted to get our rest up for our early start on Friday, because on our 6th day we went for a drive up to the tallest mountain in all of Europe. It was a very nice drive because 1 we got to see the sunrise and 2 because we could see all the mountains around us. I also learned that the mountain were going up in a gondola was around 6 times taller than mount Oberon at the Prom. The gondola was pretty big and could fit around 25 people and the way up was one of the scariest things I’ve done in a long time. But the way up the other half and down again wasn’t nearly as scary as the first one. Up on the mountain the air was really thin which I had never felt before, so after you went up like 10 stairs you had to catch your breath again like you just did the 100 meter sprint. The views where amazing and even though in was 30 degree weather down the mountain,it was 2 degrees Celsius on the top. From the mountain we could see all the other mountains(obviously) a few parasailers who were doing a bunch of tricks in the sky, and Italy( which we nearly crossed the border to by accident and nearly got charged 80 euro.)
    We got down the mountain,ate lunch and went on this cool red train that took us back up the mountain so then we could go into a glacier. It was worth the big walk to it, because there was a few carvings within it, and the ice was so thick and solid and cold, I felt like a beer in a esky(and that was the most Aussie thing I’ve ever said) but in my opinion it was a good way to wrap up our time in Dargoire.
    Read more