Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 38

    Hippach - Ausria

    August 29, 2023 in Austria ⋅ 🌧 12 °C

    After our stay in Germany we wanted to drive to another country. So we got on a bus for an hour and we achieved that goal by heading into Austria. It was a very cold and rainy day,but that did not stop us from walking an hour to our rental car. Because of all the rain all the rivers were brown and overflowing. Luckily it wasn’t supposed to flow over as we were passing but later in the day. We got to our valley of Hippatch and I think it might be the best accomodation we’ve had so far. It had an amazing view( because we were quite high on the valley ) seperate beds, and a really good shower. That night we stayed and looked over the view. At one point we thought there was a black out further down the valley, but that’s only because a cloud was passing through us.

    Our next day we went for a walk down to the town and looked in a few shops. Sadly we couldn’t go up to any of the mountain because of the clouds so we had to wait for them to pass to go. We did the same thing the next day too but instead we walked beside the river.

    On our 3rd day here we went up and drove up the mountains. We were driving 4 times the height of mount Oberon. We came across a place called Marmul world where it was like a petting zoo and we went for a few walks too. We kept driving through really skinny roads and we were like 3000 meters in the air. There was a lot of mist too and we got a few really good photos.

    On our last day we wanted to walk up a 2300 metre mountain ( as you do ) We drove up to 1700 metres and walked the rest. It was right next to a dam so it was really pretty and the dam was tall. It was a pretty steep and hard walk up and had plenty of rests. Up on the top there were sheep goats and chickens. It was like a whole animal farm. There was also a bridge that made it look like we were dangling over a really steep hill. I think I had my favourite lunch spot there looking over the Alps. The walk down too was much faster and warmer but we were going down pretty fast so the heat didn’t bother us too much. At the end of our walk we went for a shorter walk along the Dam wall which was very high. Hippatch was one of my favourite spots so far with the mountains and the really nice owners. Even though it was a pretty slow start and we didn’t do much because we could go up for the clouds. When it cleared the waiting was definitely worth it.
    Read more