Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Ljubljana

    September 6, 2023 in Slovenia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Our 4 hours bus trip was quite the journey. It wasn’t as bad as I originally thought it would be. While we were on the outskirts of Ljubljana it seemed like a very dirty and gross town with a lot of vandalism, but the more we got into the heart of it the nicer it got untill we got to the section ( where we were staying) that gave a very Paris vibe. The inside of the apartment was very artistic because there was a yellow fridge, a bunch of local art work, and across the street we saw a painter painting on a canvas.

    The next day we had a relaxing morning and slowly eased ourselves out onto the streets to look at shops. We got a burek for lunch which is a triangle thing filled with a bunch of yummy stuff ( sorry that I’m not informative there’s a reason I’m not hired as a food critic ). We then went out to the street later at night for a drink by the river.

    On our last day in Ljubljana we went for an 11am tour around Ljubljana. Even though it’s history is kinda grim with the communist stuff it was kind of a funny history art wise. The statues throughout the city add so much to the vibe of the place. We got our Burek again and chilled out for the rest of the day. We also saw a band playing on a boat going down the river, and a violinist playing on the triple bridge. The good thing is because there were no cars we could hear it from a distance. There was also an Irish soccer team celebrating so it was cool to see the contrast of cultures. To sum up our stay in Ljubljana it was a quiet small city with delicious food and cool music and culture and would definitely recommend going.
    Read more