Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 89

    Barcelona

    October 19, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    On our day of travel it was a pretty short one. All we had to do was get on one bus to Barcelona, leaving France and entering Spain. All the underground trains were super hot for some reason too. Barcelona at first seemed really quiet and everyone seemed nice. I didn’t see one druggo which was a good start.

    The next day we went to a shopping centre that used to be a bull fighting ring and we also walked and looked around a lot of the town and entered a really big food market.

    On our third day we went inside Casa Batilo which was made by a guy called Gaudi and it was really cool and funky looking. In the basement of the place was this cool box that you went in to show what his mind was like. After that we went around the area looking at things and we even found a Lego store. On the underground train on the way back to our apartment, some lady thought it necessary that everyone should listen to a Ted talk speech that she presented herself. Which would probably be very educational if it wasn’t all in Spanish.

    Our 4th day in Barcelona was a pretty relaxed one. We went out onto the street to have a look around a few shops. I noticed that the drivers in Barcelona have a habit of running a red light when it has the green walking person. But only when someone’s not there it’s not like they just run over everyone.

    On our last day in Barcelona we went to a church called Sagrada familla which was also designed by Gaudi. It wasn’t as big as St Peters back in Rome but it definitely was more colourful. It still wasn’t a finished building, it has been worked on for over 140 years. I liked how every little part of it had its own story behind it. My favourite part of Barcelona was that it felt very safe. I liked the parks and shops surrounding our apartments too and i would definitely come back to see the finished Sagrada familla.
    Read more