Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 94

    Granada

    October 24, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We left our apartment building in a car which I was very happy about becuase I like cars more than any train or bus. It was a 3 hour drive and once we got there it was all looking abit sketchy but further down the hill it started to look more like a city.

    The next day we explored the surrounding area and looked around the churches and bakeries. Spain’s Architecture is much different from the things we have seen in other country’s. Their colours are more pastel and have different kinds of roofs.

    On our second day we decided to go to Alhambra which was a Muslim palace on top of a hill. The gardens were really nice and it had amazing views. It was cool to see the contrast of religions seeing that we were fresh out of a lot of Catholic and Christian buildings.

    On our second last morning in Granada we wanted to go into a church but when we got there it was under construction and wasn’t worth paying the money to go see it. What we did see instead though was a really cool busker who was just playing in on his guitar, but then a guy with a clarinet ( who was very good ) came in from the crowd and started playing with him. For the remainder of the day we got churros and looked around an area of Granada we hadn’t seen before.

    On our last full day in Granada we walked up to a viewing point of the Alhambra palace and went down to the shops because Jemilla wanted to get a dress at a shop. We also bought 3 small paintings from a local artist to put up in our house for when we got home and Dad also got a pair of shoes. So we had quite the shopping day. To sum up Granada it was a really cool city. The streets were full of random bursts of Music and bells which always came as a nice surprise. And also a place where many cultures lived alongside each-other in one city. If I had to describe Granada in one word I would say It was very Musical.

    P.S : I won’t be able to put as many photos up because my Find my penguins premium 3 month trial has expired 😡
    Read more