Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Exploring London - Notting Hill

    June 19, 2017 in England ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Today it was hot again! Jake and I had an easy morning and took the tube over to Notting Hill Gate. Shop windows were displaying posters looking for missing people from the recent nearby apartment tower fire.
    We checked out some of the famous Notting Hill sights including the travel book shop, blue door and the market. Notting Hill is still a favorite movie of mine! We also found the street from a scene in the movie Love Actually where the guy has the cards saying how he secretly loves Keira Knightley's character.
    We ate yummy tapas and then struggled to find, but eventually found, some city bikes to rent. We rode to the Design Museum where we saw the Designer, User, Maker exhibition which was pretty interesting.
    We cycled to Hyde Park and saw Kensington Palace and then to the Princess Diana Memorial fountain. It was full of kids dipping their toes in the cool flowing water. It looked pretty fabulous on a hot London day.
    Jake and I then cycled the rambling streets of London to meet Ali and a friend of hers at the London School of Economics to finish some of her uni card money at the pub. We had some cooling Pimms and then a beer in the park.
    The four of us then had Italian for dinner. The restaurant had a pianist who sang and got us clapping to "All you need is Love"
    We got a London double decker bus home as the jet lag started to hit me so it was home and to bed. Great day out in London!
    Read more