Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Glastonbury!!! Day 1

    June 21, 2017 in England ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    This day has finally arrived!!! I've been wanting to go to this festival all my life and now the time has come.
    My alarm went off at 3:40am, but luckily I'm still on Melbourne time. We were picked up by Ben and Chambo and the five of us set off in the hire car.
    On the way we saw the recently burnt out Grenfell Tower and Stonehenge. It was the summer solstice so there was a bit of a party there.
    We arrived at Glastonbury pretty quickly, parked the car and started walking, carrying all our things. It was hard going in 33 degree heat and we were in a big queue for 3 hours, not pleasant!
    We found a campsite on a bit of a slope with views to the main Pyramid stage. Pretty lucky!
    After setting up our tents we went in search of a cold beer! This took us hours as not all the bars were open. But when we found it we quickly sculled two delicious cold beers in the Greenpeace area.
    We checked out the Healing Space, Craft Field, Block 9, Shangri-La, Unfairground, Sacred Space, Tipi Fields, The Park, Big Glastonbury sign, Arcadia, Cineramageddon and some of the stages. There were flags everywhere, arts works, dressed up cars, performers and many food stands.
    The sheer scale and wonder was above anything I had expected. It was just amazing!
    There were fireworks and bonfires to celebrate the opening night! Just incredible what was to come.
    We were in bed not long after dark to get some rest in preparation!
    Read more