Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 92

    Big Travel Day

    September 16, 2017 in El Salvador ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    We were up at 5:30am, the view from my bed out to the ocean was stunning.
    We caught a boat with our belongings and had to carry our bags across the mud as the tide was out very far. We traveled for a couple of hours with a stop for breakfast at a gas station. We waited two hours at the boarder from Nicaragua for a boat. The boat took two hours and I was on the side of the boat in the sun which seemed a good spot but I ended up getting splashed with salt water most of the trip so was quite wet. Another girl on the boat was drenched from it. We then arrived in El Salvador!! We put our passports in at immigration and went to a chicken shop for lunch/dinner. When our passports were returned I had to pay US$10 fee as an Aussie! It would have been a bit tricky to swap to my English passport mid way through traveling.
    We then drove for four hours in torrential rain with massive lighting strikes. It was like driving through a river on the main streets. We stopped at a servo which was guarded by two people holding guns.
    We arrived in Suchitoto after a long 15.5 hour travel day! We had some beers at a bar across the road listening to more Spanish tunes!
    Read more