Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Santiago Second day

    June 1, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    Farewell to Dirk - facing scary prospect of being compared with The Russian. Planning meet with Rich for our Finisterre walk.
    Missed out in second night at auberge. Bummer. Accepted we had little option but Plan B (stay at Ngaire's with all the social commitment complications that entailed). Walked out of the auberge and bumped into Ngaire.
    Hung out around the plaza and environs. Trekked down to the train station and sorted out our tickets to Barcelona, met up with Sarah and her hubby Tony the surfer, shopped for nibbles and wine for later. In the afternoon searched out Ngaire's place. Turned out to be right beside the Catedral! Ngaire have up her double bed for us but downside was we were on the plaza with all the dinner/party noise and all night donging from the Catedral bells, but it was worth it it for the proximity. Nice late afternoon/evening in the apartment with Ngaire (her friend popped in for only a minute) and Rich. I took Rich out for a beer and we met up with Heidi, Joe and the American family, while Sal was stuck with Ngaire, which was disappointing for Sal. We three went out later and enjoyed the band playing under the arches. Went to bed and stopped enjoying the band playing under the arches till bloody midnight.
    Read more