Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Smell that ocean air - Da Nang.

    March 16 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Nothing beats shaking off the city and swapping it for ocean swims and Tydes' favourite - sand snacks!

    Getting on the plane today was a bit of a process. Ho Chi Minh airport is always busy. No matter what. We arrived early for this reason. So luckily, we are just cruising through. No rush or panic. Woo hoo.

    ✔️ Checked in
    ✔️ Bag drop
    ✔️ Security scans
    ✔️ Mess everywhere from pre departure meal
    ✔️ Bacteria from the airport floor all over Tyde

    For some reason, we were all meant to be mind readers. Flight was delayed with no communication or announcement. All waiting there, scratching our heads.

    I timed Tydes naps out today and thought I would nail it for the time we got on the plane, however the delay proved extremely detrimental in my plan and Tyde couldn't help it, no matter how hard i tried to keep him awake, and fell asleep in the line.
    I got chatting to some older Irish blokes that were good crack, flying in for a family reunion. By the time the line started moving, Tyde woke up after a 15 hot nap. Spelled disaster. Let's see.

    Yep. Picked it. Absolute disaster. TYDE SCREAMED THE WHOLE TIME. A mother's worse nightmare. I don't know what is worse, trying to console your baby and nothing is working or the unwarranted sheer humiliation that sets in because of the reactions of others?

    I was trying not to focus on that, but on the wonderful Balinese woman sitting around me, trying to help distract him whilst I was clearly over whelmed.

    Our shortest flight on the trip now became the longest. My poor little love, over tired, wired, and just needing some TLC. Thank goodness it was over.

    Time to relax. Were by the ocean. All is well.
    Read more