Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Day 1: From Grace

    June 18, 2016 in England ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Yesterday we went to a couple places in London, including Victoria's Bar. We went there for dinner, and the food was pretty good. We had a waiter that had recommended different foods and drinks to us, which some were good and others not so much. I had a Waygu Burger, which was filled with meat, lettuce, tomatoes, Canadian bacon, and thousand island sauce. Overall my meal was delicious and almost impossible to eat. The chips were soft and to me are better then McDonalds fries at home. We ordered some lemonade which was carbonated, and definitely interesting. Compared to the lemonade that I drink at home it was surprising when I first drank it bc it was extremely sour and carbonated which neither of them was expecting. We also got a Rhubarb soda which I thought was yummy but no one else liked it. Victoria's Bar was playing the European Championship futbal game of Iceland and Hungary. There were 3 TV so that you could see where ever you were but you weren't overcrowded with all the TVs surrounding you.

    The ride to Europe from the USA we took British Airways and it was about 8 hours and delayed amlost an hour. We were supposed to leave around 9:45 and we left about 10:30 due to the flight before us and an engine tweak. We waited on the plane for about 20-30 min. untill we started to leave. The flight was a little bumpy but still okay. They turned the lights out and we mostly slept, but there were little TVs on the back of each seat with some really good movies like Star Wars, Daddy's Home, The 5th Wave, and Zootopia. The food was delicious, surprisingly. We had pasta, bread, water, crackers, cheesecake, etc. But after a long day we were all exhausted.
    Read more