Satellite
  • Day 1

    La Pelosa, Sardinia

    June 20, 2016 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ -6 °C

    A really beautiful place to visit with beautiful beaches. There is also plenty of restaurant with great food on the hill with beautiful view of the ocean. We was just driving thru this beautiful place and stop and eat some marvelous food up in the hill. I can recommend you to travel to this beautiful place.

    La Pelosa beach (Spiaggia della Pelosa), with its shallow turquoise waters and salty white sands, is a true Sardinian oasis and arguably one of the best beaches of Europe. One of the westernmost beaches of Sardinia, La Pelosa is just 2 kilometers away from the harbour village of Stintino, in Capo Falcone, in the province of Sassari. The beach is 300 meters long – and up to 60 meters wide in some spots – and faces north-east, offering marvelous views of Isola Piana situated 600 meters off the coast and the larger Isola Asinara behind it.

    La Pelosa beach is accompanied by an ancient sixteenth century watchtower, the Torre della Pelosa, that used to be part of Sardinia’s marine defense system. Since this is a popular diving area, there are two diving centers in the vicinity: the Asinara Diving Center, and the Roccaruja Diving Center. Both offer diving excursions in the Capo Falcone area. Surfboards and canoes are for rent at the Stintino Windsurfing Center nearby. The beach can get crowded during peak season in July and August, but if you find yourself in the area of Sassari or Porto Torres, La Pelosa beach is definitely worth a visit. For many Europeans, La Pelosa is a marvelous opportunity to experience the Caribbean at a fraction of the cost.

    La Pelosa Beach Hotels

    Just 3 kilometers from La Pelosa beach, you’ll find Hotel Cala Reale in Asinara Bay, near the pier of Stintino. The hotel features a garden with outdoor pool and sun terrace. Closer to the beach and just 2 kilometers from Stintino, you’ll find Residence Le Vele, with studios that feature a panoramic balcony or patio. Park Hotel Asinara is only a 10-minute walk from the town centre of Stintino. Accommodations are air conditioned, and the hotel offers a free shuttle service to La Pelosa beach.

    Directions to La Pelosa Beach

    From Sassari, take the SS 131 to Porto Torres. Before reaching Porto Torres, take the SP 34 to Pozzo San Nicola, then continue on the SP 34 and head for Stintino. Continue on the main road towards La Pelosa beach.
    Read more