Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Orlando Day 2

    June 21, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    After a glorious lie in we had a breakfast of mandarin fruit cup and cereal bar before heading down to old town. Old Town was not what we expected (an old part of town) but rather a little theme park. While we didn't partake in any of the rides we had a nosey about the shops.

    The day was heating up and we were ready for a drink so crossed the road to the Mcdonalds. I got a sugar free vanilla iced coffee while day got a large coffee. I noticed on the receipt that if you completed a survey you got a free bakery item. Absolute winner! I filled it in and we shared a blueberry muffin.

    The next couple of hours were spent walking back the road checking out all the gifts shops and supermarkets. I gave Dad the option for lunch for either buying a sandwich for having our last $5 Wendy meal deal and that's what he picked. It was as good as it was in New York. We then headed towards a 7/Eleven to grab drinks for the tonight and breakfast for tomorrow. Dad noticed there was a supermarket next door so we decided to check that out instead.

    The supermarket was a bit more upmarket so when I suggested we buy tea in so that we could eat at the hotel (incase we went Disney springs again or went to the pool) I was worried the prices were too high here but Dad had spotted a salad there he fancied trying (shocking I know!!!) so we both got salads and a few bits.

    Once we were back at the hotel the sun was shining and shrieks were coming from the pool so we simultaneously decided to go for a swim. It was a great pool with a slide and a waterfall, we had a swim, took a few videos for the girls and had some good chats with a couple of others from the tour. It was 7pm before the sun went in and we headed back up. We had our salads (the candied nuts absolutely made it! ) along with a packet of sour cream & onion crisps. The night was still young was it was time for a rematch of uno. This time it was me who absolutely smashed Dad, the luck was definitely with me for that round. Not one to give it, Dad suggested another round and this time the luck had shifted back to him and he won that round.
    Read more