Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    England vs Australia

    October 19, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Highlight of the day today was obviously watching England smash Australia in the rugby #rwc2019.
    The morning started with a walk round Usuki old town to the tourist centre. Here they have free bikes which you can use for the day. We cycled down to the stone buddha, which caused controversy between locals a few years back. His head fell off ages ago, and some people wanted to replace the head. They did replace his head, but now all the school books have got an inaccurate photo with the head on the floor.
    The town put on a free bus for tourists to get to the stadium. We hopped on this with another 20 english fans to get to the stadium. Outside the stadium we had a few 9% cocktails (Hannah didn't realise they were so alcoholic), got chatting to a very nice local man who gave us some of his favourite local food to try. The culture here is so friendly!
    The match was epic and England put on a great performance.
    On the bus ride home we got chatting to some other English fans who it turned out were also from Devon and knew some people Hannah knew. Small world.
    The lady had a little too much Saki and announced "I know you are all talking, but I have no idea what about." That signaled the short walk home for us all.
    Read more