Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Today was declared a shopping day

    November 17, 2019 in Taiwan ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Thank goodness our accommodation was opposite a decathelon so we managed to get all our shopping out of the way in 15mins. I got a compass and some gloves. Hannah nothing. Win win.
    So it then became a wandering round parks and ice cream day. Much better 😁.
    There are loads of parks to see in the center of the city. We then walked along the river Tamsui with loads of colourful flowers.
    Next we went to the tourist trap of Elephant Hill, which gives you fantastic views over the city. We timed it perfectly to give us a great sunset, but there were just too many people there to enjoy it fully.
    We walked about 20mins west to the Linjiang Street Night Market, which is much smaller than others, but pleasant and easy to walk around.
    Had some sweet potatoes with sweet sprinkles which tasted like doughnuts. Nice! Also some dumplings. Great! And some Korean Cheese chicken balls. Not as good, we had these before in Seoul and wanted to check if they were different. But no, their spicy sauce tastes weird, not in a good way.
    Tried to find a bar when we got near the accommodation, but instead found a Thai massage place. We both opted for a shoulder and head massage.
    I got the grumpy looking strong man in the corner.
    Now, I've never experienced child birth, but I imagine the pain is nothing compared to what he was inflicting in a particular knot in my right shoulder. Full elbow with full weight and wiggle. Being cheap we had only paid for the 15 min option. Thank goodness for that!
    However once we left, my shoulders did feel a whole world better.
    Read more