Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Tourist spots around Golden Bay

    January 2, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Got up and used up all of the eggs the accommodation gave us in a eggstreme eggstravaganza of mega eggy bread. Yuuuum!
    The aim of the day was to try and hit a few tourist spots around the Golden Bay area.
    We started with Pupu spring, with crystal clear blue water bubbling through the floor.
    Next the grove scenic reserve with jungle and rocks to climb.
    Then off to Rawhiti Caves. About an hour walk in. Dropped my water bottle half way up and had to scramble down the hill to get it back. Sketchy!
    The caves were amazing, with large stalagmites and stalagtites extending down out of reach. Would not want to be in there in an earthquake.
    Needing a bit of a cool down after the walk we headed to Paynes swimming area. Where you can climb and jump off the rocks into freezing cold water. Cold but very refreshing. That marked the end of Golden bay. Heading south past Abel Tasman we bumped into a winery called resurgence. Only 5000 bottles produced per year. We all enjoyed the Sauvignon Blanc so got a bottle.
    Stopped in a campsite in Nelson called Tahuna Beach Kiwi Holiday Park & Motel. With a bit of time to spare we went to the cinema to watch the new Jumungi film.
    Read more