Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 137

    OF (organised fun)

    February 13, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    There is no better day than an OF day.
    Got everyone loaded in the cars and went in search of a frisbee golf course. Andrew and I both had strong suspicions that it wouldn't exist anymore. But that didn't stop us from going to have a look.
    On the way towards it we stopped into a Coffee tasting and learnt a few things. The main one I came away with is that it is actually the water contact time with the bean which defines the amount of caffeine in the coffee. Therefore an espresso which typically has less bean contact time will actually have a lower caffeine content than when using a plunger.
    Followed this up with a chocolate place and a olive and soap place.
    The berry farm was next for an amazing food platter. Full of everything from pastry to sausage to fruit.
    By 3pm we eventually found the frisbee place. It was indeed abandoned. We managed to fish some frisbee out of the bin. Heather wisely stayed near the car whilst the rest of us ventured into the bush.
    Got totally hammered by ants and horse flies. You basically had to keep stamping on the spot to stop the ants from biting you. Penny got a bit scared of a horse fly at one point and, much to the amusement of everyone, let go a little speed boost to keep her going faster round the course.
    Glad to be finished we piled back into the cars.
    Andrew took us on some off roading (not suitable for our car) then around a forest which was very pretty.
    Back to the place for cooking up some tasty salad and meat.
    Read more