Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 178

    Landing in the UK - Final day of travel

    March 25, 2020 in England ⋅ 🌙 1 °C

    Landed in the UK at 4.30am. The plane was completely rammed with people all trying to get home.
    Very surprising to have NO checks upon entering and only old advice on the current guidance. Not what you want to see when coming back home. No wonder the UK is having Covid 19 troubles.
    We were lucky to have an M and S open at 6am as we were walking past to get to the train. With not many people around. Stocked up for at least 5 days.
    Took the train to Terminal 3 bus station. Loads of people everywhere, no one paying attention to the 2m rule. We all should carry round big sticks showing what 2m actually is for those who have forgotten.
    Got on the bus which they only filled to about 1/4 to ensure people were far away. Went to Newport and on to Hannah's brothers house to collect the car.

    Then off to an air bnb in Downderry to have 5 days in isolation before heading back to home (once tenant vacates).

    Plans for the next 2 weeks of self isolation:
    1) Yacht master theory
    2) Video edit 6 month of trip
    3) Do a business plan for my next big idea....😁

    What a fantastic 6 months with my fantastic travel buddy Hannah. Shame we had to cut it 3 months short, but I'm sure we will be off again soon enough. Once the world has sorted itself out again.

    Thanks for reading all. When normal order has resumed, make sure you all go out and have yourselves a great journey.
    Read more