Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 175

    Freediving day 2

    March 22, 2020 in Hong Kong ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Started with more stomach friendly toast and met our new German instructor called Verona.
    A good bit more theory before going to the pool for some more training. We did some rescue practice which was one of the key things I wanted to learn. Then a max breath hold underwater test.
    Hannah got a massive improvement with a 2 min hold. I got my max ever of 4mins underwater. (The time required to become an instructor apparently).
    Then out to the sea for more rescue drill practice and and some more fun dives to 15m.
    One exam later we were both qualified to freedive level 1. Whoop.
    With the changed flight to be much sooner, I organised a taxi back to Uluwatu surf spot for hopefully one final day of epic surf before heading home.
    He managed to get lost on the way back. So the 2.5 hour ride ended up taking about 3.5 hours. Passed classic rice paddy field terraces with active volcanoes as a backdrop. Very pretty.
    They drive super close to each other everywhere with continual scooters zooming past and honking. Not the most relaxing. Also made less fun again by Bali belly and excess accelerating and braking.
    Read more