Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Zion National Park - day 1

    March 21 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    After very cold night and breakfast we departed to nearby Zion National park. We camped only 30 minutes from the park so around 9.30 we were already in the parking lot. For today we planned to do two hikes ~ Watchman Trail & Riverside Walk. Cars are not allowed to enter Zion canyon so you need to park a car and drive by shuttle bus to the start of the hike. Shuttle has in total 9 stops and offers tons of cool trails. Directly by the visitor center are two additional trails. Most of the people comes to do one of the two most iconic trails ~ Angels Landing where you need to apply in advance for permit or Narrows where you walk in the water through the canyon.

    There was a quite long queue for shuttle bus so we started with Watchman trail. The trail took us in total 1h45 minutes and offered incredible panoramic views of the whole Zion valley. There were also few people so we were back in camper for lunch.

    After lunch we took shuttle to the last stop and walk to the start of the narrows trail by the river. The shuttle ride was also amazing 🤩 this hike / walk is super easy and family friendly.

    After hiking and stop for drinks in local bar we started searching for the camping spot for tonight. In the town there are directly three campgrounds but one is closed for renovations and other two were super pricey ~ 90-130$ per night so no thanks. We ended up camping wild 15 minutes from Zion for free.
    Read more