Satellite
Show on map
  • Hearst Castle

    June 5, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Today we visited the Hearst Castle in San Simeon.We bought tickets for the Grand Rooms.

    First,we went to go to watch a movie about the Hearst Castle being built.It was also about the Hearst family.I enjoyed it very much.

    Then,we went to take photos.And went on the bus to go to the Hearst Castle.We had an audio guide during the bus.We also learned about the castle during it.

    Next,we went to explore the castle's outside first.The one I enjoyed most is the Neptune Pool.It took 12 and a half years to finish it.It was a the third time to be improved.The Neptune Pool we see now is the third one.

    Later,we went in the castle.When we went in,the automatic piano was played.It plays at 12 o'clock every day.The part I enjoyed most is the dining room.Its capacity is about 40 people.We also watched a movie in the inside which was took in the time when Mr. Hearst invited the royals of his time to come to the castle for the weekend.

    Last,we went back to the visitor center.Ate a simple lunch and drove to Solvang.We checked in our hotel called Svendsgaard's Lodge.

    The End!
    Read more