Satellite
  • Day 17

    Vegamo

    December 29, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    I woke up hungry Sunday morning and we decided to fortify ourselves with a good brunch before embarking on our Coyoacan Walking Tour.  We headed out to VegAmo and arrived shortly after they opened at 10:00 am.  Good thing we arrived when we did because the place filled up fast and there was a wait list by 11:00 am.

    VegAmo had lots of interesting dishes and many of them could be made gluten-free so that was a bonus for me. Roch and I both decided to order the Chilaquiles, described as a special Mexican dish with corn tortillas, black chocolatey almond mole, cashew cream, vegan cheese, avocado, black beans, red onions and sliced almonds.  Since we were hungry, we asked for the optional vegan chorizo as well.

    Believe me when I say that we didn't need to add the vegan chorizo.  The bowl was so substantial that we both struggled to finish it, but struggle on we did because it was too yummy to leave any behind.  The mole was spicy but not too spicy and the mingling of all the ingredients together made our tastebuds dance with delight.

    Roch had ordered a golden milk with his meal and I had ordered a "Mazunte" smoothie touted to be anti-depressing and anti-inflammatory (almond cream, cocoa, cardamom, dates, cinnamon, banana and rice milk).  My eyes were obviously bigger than my stomach because I had to ask for my smoothie to be put into a paper cup to go.  Even after walking around Coyoacan all afternoon, I still didn't feel hungry for dinner.  Our brunch was $23.65 CAD.  What a deal of a meal.
    Read more