Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day three Camino: 9 miles

    October 11, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 55 °F

    After a pretty terrible night’s sleep - we could hear the person in the next room snoring all night! - we got up a little later and had a nice breakfast of freshly squeezed orange juice, yogurt, toast and eggs. We were driven to the trailhead and started day 3 from Palas de Reí. Knowing it was “only” 9 miles made us a little more energetic, but we were tired! We walked through several small towns/hamlets, passing old churches, and walking under a canopy of trees. We ran into some more cute dogs and cats and and saw/smelled many more cows. We chatted with people from Iceland, Bueno Aires, Barcelona, Romania, Canada & Chicago. We joined two sisters from Tel Aviv for dinner this evening and had a wonderful time talking. It’s incredible the diverse group of people doing this experience. All different ages, abilities, ethnicities, and languages. Some are fit and have all the expensive gear, while others are in their matching workout outfit, full makeup, sneakers and a tiny bag. We all are headed to the same place - Santiago de la Compestella. Some people started from the beginning and this is day 30+, while others like us will do a 6-day journey and come back a few more times to do the rest. We finished the day with 9 miles completed and a total of 11 miles after we explored our latest stop, the town of Melide.
    CAMINO Q&A: Send us your questions in the comments below and we will make a video to answer them on Wednesday! 🥾🎒🌎
    Buen Camino!
    Andrea and Elizabeth
    Read more