Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Day Five Camino: 12.5 miles

    October 13, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 64 °F

    Luckily the baby in the creepy crib outside our room only cried once last night! 😱😂 We left our palatial manor house around 9:30am and headed to A Rua. We passed several people we recognized from the week and then saw our Israeli sister friends. We walked the rest of the way with them, stopping for lunch but the place was so crowded they ran out of food! The Camino is more crowded now because several of the routes come together in Arzua. Luckily we had packed some ham and cheese from breakfast and some ribs from the night before— of course!! So we had our own little lunch. It was overcast all day and a little drizzly at times which was nice and cool for walking. The Camino was pretty flat today and we walked about 12 1/2 miles. We are staying at a cute hotel in the small town of A Rua and had a delicious dinner and interesting conversation with our new friends from Tel Aviv. Tomorrow is our last walking day. We cannot believe how fast this has gone. We thought the walking would seem long, difficult and endless but it really was very peaceful- even the hills! We talked, pondered life, met new people, and viewed the beautiful countryside. It will be hard to see it end but it will also feel great that we did it!

    Andrea and Elizabeth
    Read more