Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Lima to Santiago

    October 28, 2015 in Chile ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Another flight with 3 seats to myself...am getting use to this.
    Slept a bit on and off.
    Forgot I was flying during the day and some of it over land...looked out, and there were LOTS of mountains, with snow.
    Arrived early...must of been the bigger plane.
    Went through immigration, no problem - turned the corner to customs, and wow!!! Huge huge huge long line trying to move.
    There were only 2 x-ray machines working for about 4 or 5 planes landing at the same time!! Was going to take HOURS to go through (I had been warned about this, but forgot). So....
    Got in behind three little old ladies; at some stage I realised that they, and me, were jumping the queue...by a hellva lot!!
    At customs, passed the custom sheet in, said from NZ, with wood from Mexico - next thing, I'm through.
    Outside within an hour instead of 5 hrs, thanks to three little old ladies, God bless their cotton socks.

    Hotel Rio Amazonas accommodation.
    In the old city, near everything, within walking distance and next to the underground. A lovely spot.
    Settled in and made plans.
    Out and about till near midnight, and so were a lot of other people, so felt safe.
    Read more