Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 237

    Hahei

    November 30, 2017 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    So.. for those of you who have been waiting with baited breath and thinking “where are they!?!”.. well we are not in Hahei! But we were.. a couple of weeks ago.

    Briefly I have learnt here in New Zealand that the WiFi and phone signal are naff but otherwise the place is blooming gorgeous!

    I must I’m afraid miss chunks out but I’ll start with Hahei, which is an immaculate sandy beach on the Coromandel Peninsula.

    We drove almost directly here from Auckland, where our overnight stay was fun catching up with and meeting some new Auckland based friends. The drive was windy and incredibly scenic.

    On arrival we kayaked with Brad - our instructor/barista - and some other couples around to Cathedral Cove. It’s a bay where there is a stunning natural arch. Where we stopped for cappuccinos and cookies.

    The sun was shining, the sea was fresh and my arms felt like they were going to fall off. We learnt about the marine reserve and the first discoverers to NZ and revelled in the stunning scenery.

    Tired out we managed the nearest campsite which was beachside and from our camper we could hear the sea as we fell asleep.
    Read more