Satellite
  • Day 252

    Melbourne

    December 15, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    So.. almost 6 months later and I finally get around to trying to finalise my blog!

    Melbourne was the number one reason for heading to the other side of the globe. Christmas with the Greenfields was on the cards.

    We first met with Liz who was also over from Guernsey and together we suffered two super scorching days in the city. Graffiti-ed streets, sweaty trams, cool bars and an even cooler (thank goodness for air con) IMAX!

    After enough of the heat we headed out to the Mornington Peninsula to stay with Nat and Mike and the kids. Another few days overlapping with Liz' stay which included a beer tour, lovely lunches and even KANGAROOS!

    Once we said bye to Liz, Christmas was really on its way.

    Father Christmas turned up in Bunnings (Australian B&Q) on a Segway and outside the house in an SES rescue truck. Presents were wrapped, Carols were sung and the temperature rose. So although the day itself was not too hot, we made it to the beach on Christmas!

    After Christmas we were having such a great time that we extended our stay. But more lunches, many wiggle sing alongs and even a drive-in movie later, we finally left to head up the East coast..
    Read more