Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 202

    An end to a dream.

    August 13, 2020 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    Today, we left the city of Salzburg, and headed for Germany. Especially Munich.
    As we wanted to cross the border, the customs, waved us to stop. As I stopped, the officer said: "You can continue your journey, but I wanted to say you have a nice car!..."
    ..
    Welcome in Germany.
    ..
    The climbs we had to do were far more worse than straight through Austria, but Lieske might be old, but not yet done.
    ..
    We needed to go to Munich and visit the ADAC, this organisation issues the "carnet de Passage" which we would have needed for Iran.
    But as corona F#$@ckt our journey real bad, we will not make it to that destination anymore.
    So by personally delivering back the Carnet, it's a formal end to a dream.
    Lieske will probably never touch Iranian soil.
    ..
    The ADAC was realy friendly, and ensured us that the deposit money will be released within a few days.
    ..
    As this done. And it was a serious day anyway, I decided to visit the concentration camp memorial of Dachau.
    This camp was the bleu print for all camps build by the Nazis during and befor the second World war.
    Impressive and sad.
    We should never forget.
    After this "moment of sadness " we looked for some happy stuff, and found it in a nice piece of "apfelstrudel mit Eis und Sahne"..
    As life goes on...
    Now.. heading for a campsite.
    ...
    Tomorrow.. Stuttgart.
    Read more