Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    New Year, diving and Phuket

    January 1, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    We spent new years partying on the beaches of Koh Phi Phi, a few cocktails and buckets, a fire show and some dancing in the sand ensured we saw in new year in style.
    Armelle completed her Scuba course and is now a certified diver 🥳🤿 Having seen some lion fish, Morays and even an inquisitive turtle it was a great start to the new year.
    We reluctantly left Phi Phi which had been our home for just over a week and headed back to the civilisation of Patong beach, Phuket. More of a holiday destination, we checked in to a fancy resort for 2 night before we head up north to do some more exploring.
    Patong has a crazy, seedy side to it, there is a vibrant walking street which is lined with bars blasting music all night long, we somehow stopped at a bar where the female seemed to be offering 'extras' to the single men, we were not the target clientel so made a hasty retreat. The upside of the more touristy areas is some home comforts, we had an amazing authentic Italian pizza ( a nice change after weeks of fried rice and curry) and some Ferrero Rocher ice cream.
    Read more