Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Tha Ton

    January 21, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    Tha Ton is a small town nestled in the Northern Part of Thailand at the very edge of the Golden triangle, it was meant to be a one night stop on our northern road trip but unfortunately we both got struck down by a vicious 24 HR stomach bug (and no it wasn't from my cooking).
    We drove to Tha Ton via a scenic twisty road, stopping off at Pha Hom Pok National Park to see the hot springs and Thailand's highest camp ground. The hot springs were far to hot and used mostly as a geothermal power plant and the viewpoint at the top of the Doi was in a cloud. Dejected, we booked ourselves into a fancy resort to revitalise our spirits, on arrival we saw the swimming pool was cloudy, apparently due to extra clay in the water, our Karma must have been very low.
    The next day we planned to do a Northern cooking course tailored to our favourite foods and some Kayaking along the river, unfortunately our Karma hit rock bottom as Armelle got struck down by a stomach bug and had to spend much of the day in bed. We still managed to do the cooking class! James got hit the following day so we spend 2 full days in bed on the BRAT diet. Banana, Rice, Apple sauce and Toast. Yum!
    On the third day our Karma changed and we managed to venture out to see the local temples and Celestial themed Gardens. It was surprising to find such garden far from main towns! We then drove to a town in the mountains called Mae Salong famous for its tea plantations were we found another nice place to stay! We didn't do much but it was great to be finally out of bed.
    Read more