Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Markets by Millen

    July 18, 2023 in Cambodia ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    Narin and Kian dropped us off near the market, but first we had to cross the treacherous road, the tuk tuks, motorbikes and the odd car zoomed past us,
    As I stepped in bright arrays of colours hit me, and whiffs of exotic spices snuck up my nose. As I ambled down the busy aisles the sellers stood lively with huge smiles on their faces, their beckoning calls pleaded for me to buy something. One quick glance at a t shirt and they would have all the sizes and colours of that t-shirt in your hand in a second.
    In the third photo was something I came across at the food stalls, this adorable cat was sleeping in the fruit baskets, the fact that nobody tried to disturb it or touch it makes these countries even more magical.
    Mum with her excellent haggling skills managed to buy three gifts ; one for our home stay hosts which was incense, one for our baby cousin which was a dinosaur jigsaw puzzle and one for ME which was a north face bag.
    A good tip given to us by Niran is to get the price fifty percent less than the original price.
    When we got back Niran and Kian told us that our flight had been delayed by around 3 hours by the cyclone meaning that we got to spend so much more time in the pool but we got to Ha Noi at around one in the morning.
    Read more