Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Hikes & Arriving at Puluong by Eashan

    July 21, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    This morning, we set off for Mai Chau but not before a hearty breakfast of toast and pastries with coconut and other delicious food.

    We stopped on the way with an incredible view of Pu Luong and we then hiked down the mountain to meet the van at our next hotel. The path was zig-zagging down the side of the mountain. We saw loads of chickens and hens along the path. There were huge rice paddy fields along the side of the mountain which we walked along.

    At first we were going at a good steady pace but within a few minutes, the suns beating, harsh rays proved too much for any of us and we slowed down dramatically until, finally the van was in sight and we marched on until we arrived.

    We put everything away and had a look around. We had a surprisingly busy pool and a beautiful view, as well as a swing and lying area outside. Simi and Matt quickly settled down on the deckchairs by the pool with a beer while Arushi, Millen and Eashan jumped into the pool.

    That night, for dinner, we had loads of noodles and fruit and deep fried vegetables as well as pork and other meat. All of this was accompanied by fresh juice/wine to drown it down and also an army of ants invading our dinner. However we managed to get back without too many bites to settle down with some much needed rest after a long day of hikes and travelling.
    Read more