Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 10

    Leaving Puluong to Tam Coc by Simi

    23 juillet 2023, Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    Following breakfast we left the peaceful retreat of Puluong and headed 3 hours towards Tam Coc.
    We motored through and stopped for an early lunch where we were the only people there… which actually hasn’t been that unusual! It meant that we could do the touristy trying on of the farmers hats all by ourselves!

    Following a tasty lunch we headed off on two little rowing boats to some caves.

    Tam Coc is famous for its gorgeous limestone monoliths amid paddy fields . The boats were fun and super peaceful as the first cave (Thien Ha Galaxy Cave )was not discovered until 2007 because it is very small and covered by trees. The total length of the cave has 700 meter include the dry cave is 200 meter long and the wet cave is 500 meter long

    The two caves we were visiting (Thien Ha cave and Thien Thanh cave) are two natural heritages in the Trang An world heritage complex . The cave is hidden in the Tuong mountain range, a mountain in the Trang An mountain range , which is considered as a watchtower to protect the ancient Hoa Lu citadel . Thien Ha cave is a beautiful cave, including both dry and wet caves with a variety of stalactites still built. They were lit with an array of different lights which added to the wonder.. and we were also handed torches when we entered which made it feel even more adventurous!

    We saw that the cave was both a dry and water cave with , skylights and underground rivers … making this place like like you are lost in a vision of some ride at Disney.

    Entering the water cave, we were told this underground river known as the Milky Way is winding with countless beautiful shimmering stalactites and stalactites. Apparently superstition says if you are a newly wed couple and get dripped on three times… there will be a baby soon! Luckily we aren’t newly weds.. and we only got dropped on once!

    The second cave was far busier so that wasn’t quite as good but we were still stupefied by the beauty of the caves.. if a little freaked out occasionally due to the volume of bats! We must have seen approx 1000of these little flying creatures .. they were very hard to film despite them fluttering right in front of our faces!

    After our fun in boats and caves we went to check into our nature resort for the next couple of nights!
    En savoir plus