Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 41

    Eastward Ho!

    June 17, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    We crossed the continental divide at Rogers Pass on Saturday, including lunch beside the river.
    Along the way, Geoff from Adventure Cycling said hello on the highway as he and his wife were heading to Rogers Pass for a hike. What a treat to see a familiar face.
    We couldn’t find a place to stay for miles that evening. Fortunately, Edward and Hillary took us in. They let us sleep in their yard to the sound of chickens and ducks. They fed us popcorn around a backyard campfire, and fed us a Father’s Day breakfast in their home. And they let us use their shower!!!
    This is the kind of treat that makes a trip extraordinary.😊😊❤️❤️. Great conversation with generous people. Wow!
    We made it to Great Falls Montana with aid from powerful tailwinds from the west; so strong that we stayed on an eastward highway instead of veering north because they would have been too potent as a sidewind. This made for an exhilarating ride on one slight downhill where we rode as far as we could see to the horizon in 20 minutes. I was pedaling in my top gear of 52/11 with little effort. Fun!
    Read more