Satellite
  • Day 170

    Ride into the jungle

    February 24, 2020 in Panama ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    In order to show Michl some proper rainforest, we had booked a room on a finca in the middle of the tropical forest. The place is called Cabinas Jaguares and conveniently located on the way to Carti, where we are going to board a boat to Colombia.
    After a big breakfast, we left our Airbnb in Panama City and cycled on the Panamerican Highway for about 60km. There is a gas station where we were going to meet Michl, who had to get here by bus, and Hernan, the owner of the cabins who was going to pick us up with his pick up truck.
    Everything worked out perfectly and all parties got to the intersection on time. Hernan gave us a little tour around the village nearby the intersection before heading towards the cabins. We were quite happy to be in a car as the road was ridiculously steep and bumpy.
    At the cabins, we enjoyed the views and the silence, cooked dinner and spent the night chatting. The wooden construction looks nice, but is already quite old. Walking up the stairs is always a little scary as we fear the boards would break when we step on them. But I hope they'll stay strong for at least 2 more days.
    We also got in touch with the inhabitants of the jungle like a huge beetle and a giant frog. But we definitely found a nice place to relax.
    Read more