Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    León, Granada and Ometepe Island

    December 4, 2023 in Nicaragua ⋅ 🌬 30 °C

    📍Nicaragua - León, Granada, and Ometepe Island

    We've had a few whistle-stop days in Nicaragua, and a big milestone birthday smacked in the middle to keep us busy. It's a beautiful and varied country with politically-charged towns like León who have a proud but mixed history of revolutions and literary figures, touristy cities like Granada, and rustic/rural islands with jaw-dropping sunsets like Ometepe. Migration is a big topic here and sadly, from the locals we've spoken to, it seems like the country is on a bit of a knife-edge with many of them worried about the future generations and speaking out about the government. Amongst all that, we've had an amazing time exploring and seeing the country gear up for Christmas with mountains of piñatas.

    Adam took on a big hike today up an active volcano now that he's a strapping strong 30 year old (see pic two for said volcano), and the beauty of a group trip means I got to relax in the pool and read my book. Couple bliss.

    P.s. We spent $35 each to be driven up to take picture #4 of a volcano in Granada. Not our best work.
    Read more