Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 6 to 10 - Tao Expeditions

    January 5, 2020, Sulu Sea ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    So we are slightly behind eight ball after being disconnected from reality for 5 days. We have been on a tour from Coron to El Nido, sailing through the hidden islands of Palawan.

    Lots of down time, snorkelling, delicious food and even some late night karaoke were some of the things we got up to.

    Our first three days were predominantly on the boat, stopping every few hours or so to snorkel or explore islands. We were able to swim and snorkel around an old ship wreck that had sunk many years ago and was close enough to the surface to see without diving.

    Our sleeping arrangements were beautiful straw huts on each island overlooking the beach. They simply had a misquote net, a thin mattress and a sheet ... Very simplistic.

    Day 3-5 were spent on an island at the so called Tao Farm, a beach side set up with a bar, beach beds and huts. So lovely to unwind and spend quality time together even though we were in a tour group of 23.

    Unfortunately.... Dyl and I were sick as a dog on the final night with a bug. This knocked us our for 24-48 hours. Luckily this was the last night before we arrived in El Nido at Vanilla Beach in our beautiful glamping accommodation.
    Read more